Mother’s Day is a special holiday to celebrate and the perfect gift for a mother is something handmade from the heart. Craft her a DIY leather bow bracelet, a heart valet tray, a customized travel journal or a cute leather case for her sunglasses. All of these ideas are quick crafts that you can still pull off, even if you’ve waited until the last minute!
From the Archives:
- Leather Bow Bracelet: This beautiful and simple design will complement any outfit and be a versatile piece that she wears all the time. And it’s easy to make too!
- Valet Tray with Heart Stamped Pattern: The perfect accessory for her desk or home, this heart valet will make her think of you every time she uses it. Download the pattern and step-by-step tutorial for an easy DIY project!
- Customized Travel Journals: This painted travel journal is sure to brighten her day. To further customize it, stamp her name on the cover or a note from you on the back. Not only is it practical but she will love that you handmade her a Mother's Day gift.
Inspiration From You:
- DIY Sunglasses Case: We love this easy project from Always Rooney. A simple, timeless veg-tan leather case that can be customized however you like. Add a sweet note to her by stamping a message into the veg-tan leather or create unique Mandala designs on the front. It’s an easy project that everyone will use and love!
- Leather Flowers: Give her the gift of an everlasting bouquet. You can either make molded and sculpted leather flowers using a veg-tan leather or you can craft flowers out of thinner, finished leathers. For using craft leather pieces, follow Lia Griffith's easy flower tutorial. She includes helpful tips and tricks along the way.
Looking for some guidance on sculpting with leather? Check out online classes with Libertini Arts. You'll have a masterpiece in no time!